Bryce Hopson excels in breaking down complicated legal issues and examining them with his clients in a clear, comprehensible, and concise manner. For families facing the stressful and daunting task of going through a divorce, which oftentimes involves high-conflict legal issues, Bryce’s ability to communicate the benefits and risks of each legal approach and to zealously advocate for his clients is a highly valued quality. As a Christian, Bryce also understands the unique difficulties faced by fellow believers dealing with divorce and has a passion for helping them navigate through the storm in the least destructive way possible.
Bryce brings a determined work ethic and competitive nature to the Hance Law Group team. Clients find his amiable personality and positive demeanor reassuring. Whether in the courtroom or at the mediation table, Bryce vigorously fights for his clients. His dedication and attention to every aspect of a legal matter provide the level of personal representation that clients have come to expect at Hance Law Group. Bryce cares deeply about protecting the interests of those who may feel powerless and giving a voice to those who may feel silenced.
Bryce has had great success litigating a diverse range of complicated cases involving multistate jurisdiction, business valuations, property division, separate property assets, and high-conflict child custody, support, and possession issues. Many of these challenges can be managed proactively before the contested divorce process begins, and Bryce’s experience in drafting pre- and post-marital agreements puts his clients a step ahead to ensure that they are prepared for whatever difficulties the future brings.
Bryce brings an energetic personality and for perfection and attention to detail to the Hance Law Group team, and his logical and compassionate approach have helped his clients successfully protect their financial assets and navigate the emotional turmoil of contested custody cases. Bryce’s ability to think outside-the-box and construct creative solutions gives his clients the confidence and assurance needed to make decisions that are in their children’s best interests.
Bryce is a member of the State Bar of Texas and is licensed to practice in state trial and appellate courts in Texas. He is also trained in Collaborative Law and has helped numerous clients avoid the rigors of contested litigation and resolve their divorce and child custody cases in an amicable and cooperative manner. Bryce has also been named as one of the Best Lawyers in America - 2020 and named as one of the Best Lawyers Under 40 in Dallas – 2020 & 2021 by D Magazine. Hance Law Group has been named a Tier 1 firm in Dallas/Fort Worth for family law by US News-Best Lawyers, “Best Law Firms”. Bryce is a member of the Family Law Section of the State Bar of Texas and invests his time reviewing recent decisions on family law issues from the Texas Supreme Court and Texas appellate courts to ensure that he is on the front line of new precedents established everyday across the state that could have an impact on his current and future clients.
Bryce grew up in Plano and attended high school at Prestonwood Christian Academy. He began his undergraduate work at Columbia University in New York, where he played football for the Lions. After two years in the Big Apple, Bryce transferred back to Texas and completed his undergraduate degree at Hardin Simmons University, majoring in English. Bryce then attended Texas Wesleyan School of Law (now Texas A&M School of Law) in Fort Worth. Following graduation from law school, Bryce served as judicial clerk for the Honorable Justice Bob McCoy on the Court of Appeals for the Second District of Texas.
In his personal life, Bryce enjoys spending time with his wife and their three children. Bryce and his wife are active members of their church, where they lead a community group of five families and serve in the kid’s ministry on Sunday mornings. When he is not in the courtroom, Bryce enjoys family cookouts, reading, and is a zealous—though mostly unsuccessful—fantasy football participant.
- Co-Author, “Five Tips to Protect and Maintain Your Separate Property”, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, September 2019.
- “Marital Liabilities”, FAM. L. SECT. REP. Vol. 2018-4 (Fall 2018)
- “Bitcoin Battles”, Texas Bar Journal (December 2018)
- “Master in Chancery—A Glimpse into the History and Role of Special Master”, FAM. L. SECT. REP. (Winter 2019)
- “An Optimistic Perspective of the Zoom Courtroom”, Headnotes (September 2020)
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor (J.D.), Texas Wesleyan School of Law, Texas 2013
- B.A., Harden Simmons University, English, 2009
- Undergraduate work, Columbia University, 2005 - 2007
- Annette Stewart American Inn of Court, Program Director, 2018-Present
- Collin County Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Member
- State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, Member
Professional Accomplishments and Honors
- D Magazine, Best Under 40, 2019 and 2020
- Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2019 and 2020
- The Best Lawyers in America© 2020
- Texas Bar College, Member, 2018-Present
- Judicial Clerkship, Hon. Justice Bob McCoy, Second District of Texas Court of Appeal